NBAA Announces Recipients of 2017 International Operators Scholarships
Atlanta, GA, March 15, 2017 – The National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) today announced the five recipients of 2017 International Operators Scholarships. The International Operators Scholarship provides recipients with funding to pursue professional development within business aviation careers, with a focus on international operations.
The scholarship winners are:
- Justin Castagna: Castagna is the operations and project manager for Aeroplex/Aerolease Group. He plans to use his funds to pursue the Project Management Professional credential, as well as additional professional training. He will receive $4,000 toward his education.
- Alexis Evans: An aspiring business aviation professional, Evans will use her funds to attend corporate flight attendant training by Susan. C. Friedenberg. She will receive $3,500 toward her education.
- Chipoya Sinyinza: Sinyinza is currently working at Sun Question Aviation in Johannesburg, South Africa. He plans to use his $3,500 award for additional flight time and to achieve his instrument rating.
- Jonathan Conod: A junior at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Conod is pursuing his A&P license and a bachelor’s degree in aviation management. He plans to use the funds to offset the cost of his tuition, and will receive $3,000 toward his education.
- Dawson Morgan: Morgan, currently a senior in high school, plans to use the funds to attend Western Michigan University with a focus on flight science and aviation management. He will receive $2,000 toward his education.
- Twain Josephson: Josephson works in aircraft management for Western Aircraft, Inc., and plans to use the funds for additional training through future NBAA and industry conferences. She will receive $2,000 toward her education.
The 2017 International Operators Scholarship was made possible by funding providing by the following donor companies:
- Jetex Flight Support
- United Aviation Services International Trip Support
- Universal Aviation and Weather, Inc.
- International Flight Resources
Scholarship recipients were honored at NBAA’s 44th annual International Operators Conference (IOC2017), which takes place in Atlanta, GA, from March 13-16. At the conference, representatives from the sponsors and the International Operators Committee were present to recognize this year’s recipients. Learn more about IOC2017.
# # #
Founded in 1947 and based in Washington, DC, the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) is the leading organization for companies that rely on general aviation aircraft to help make their businesses more efficient, productive and successful. The association represents more than 11,000 companies and provides more than 100 products and services to the business aviation community, including the NBAA Business Aviation Convention & Exhibition, the world’s largest civil aviation trade show. Learn more about NBAA at www.nbaa.org.